Really Wild Flowers respects the security and privacy concerns of all users of this web site, and upholds the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information collected via this web site is controlled by H.V. Horticulture Ltd., T/As Really Wild Flowers, Glenwood, Balcombe Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1PE, England.
What we collect and why
When you shop with Really Wild Flowers, there are different ways we gather information about you:
- When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us. Storing this information means you do not need to re-enter these details each time you shop.
- If you place an order, your credit card details are collected and passed securely to our payment gateway, Sage Pay, to verify the card and to process the transaction. We DO NOT retain a record of your credit card details once your order has been processed.
- We keep a record of your purchases with us, which means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order.
- We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of your likes and dislikes and any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
- We will use information that you supply on any of our electronic forms only for the purpose stated on the relevant form. We will only ask you for information which is reasonably necessary to process your request.
Cookies are small text files that web sites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned. Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's e-mail address etc. They only contain and transfer to the web site as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that web site.
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a "legitimate and useful tool" for many activities, including verifying the identity of web site users. The Directive makes it compulsory for web sites to inform users if cookies are being used, and to provide some information on how cookies are used. You can find more information on this subject at www.aboutcookies.org. Lastly, the Directive places an obligation on web sites to make users aware that they can set their computers to reject cookies. You will find the instructions on how to do this at www.aboutcookies.org. However, you should be aware that the Really Wild Flowers website (in common with most other shopping web sites) will not work without cookies.
How we use your personal data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
- Planning and managing Really Wild Flowers business activities, including analysing customers' shopping habits and preferences.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
- Assessing your request for delivery of goods from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like Experian and Equifax and credit reference agencies. We may also disclose your address and postcode details to check against fraud prevention schemes.
- Enabling our debt collection agency to collect payment from you should that be necessary.
At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
There is only one circumstance where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies and debt collection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
How we DO NOT use your personal data
We will not pass details of your name, postal, e-mail address or other personal details to third parties without your consent. In the event Really Wild Fllowers is under duty to disclose information to third parties, under the Data Protection Act 1998, these third parties must keep the information secure.
Information about the Data Protection Act 1998 is also available on the Data Protection Commissioner's Web site at www.dataprotection.gov.uk.
Use of this Web site is subject to our Terms and Conditions.
H.V. Horticulture Ltd., T/As Really Wild Flowers, Glenwood, Balcombe Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1PE, England.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2120088